Bakeware And Food Processing
DuPont Teflon industrial coating have become indispensable to engineers in the food processing industry, thanks to these unique properties:
- Low coefficient of friction
- Corrosion resistance
- Extreme temperature resistance
All substrates used in mold manufacturing can be coated – carbon steel, aluminized steel, stainless steel, as well as aluminum and its alloys. When coated with Teflon, bun trays, square bread molds, baguette and bread trays provide many advantages over uncoated or silicone-treated trays:
- Easy depanning of baked goods
- Regularity in shape, constant quality
- Eliminates or reduces use of demolding fats and oils, resulting in a much cleaner and safer working environment
- Cleaner trays with less need for washing
- Reduction of fire hazards in baking ovens and the workplace
- Longer shelf life of finished goods
- Protection of metal substrates from corrosion due to salts, acids and alcohol present in the bakery environment
Food Processing Industry
In the food processing industry, many manufacturer take advantage of the manufacturers take advantage of the properties of Teflon. Below are some examples of how Tefon industrial coatings can be applied to improve your plant efficiency and product quality.
The list of examples is not exhaustive, but will give you and idea of the many possibilities Teflon industrial coatings can provide.
- Sugar producer coat their sugar cube molds with Teflon because of its nonstick, easy-clean, wear and temperature resistance properties.
- Cheese manufacturers eliminate the problematic build-up of dried cheese crust by coating cheese processing augers with Teflon. This results in a reduction of downtime and labor costs.
- Fast food restaurants reduce costs by using a durable coating of Teflon on aluminum egg scrambler pans. Recoating frequency is reduced considerably.
- Potato chip manufacturers reduce residue build-up by coating the knives used to cut potatoes. This leads to reduced downtime, cleaning and maintenance costs.
- Companies processing a variety of pineapple products replace cast iron bearing housings with a version coated with Teflon. Teflon coatings solve three problems: (1) corrosion caused by acidic juices, (2) daily lubrication with food-grade oil, and (3) high replacement frequency due to longer life of the housings.
Teflon industrial coatings used for these applications adhere to the health standards set by authorities in leading countries around the world.